The spooky season is starting to scream into life around the historic region once again. Kids are picking out their costumes with delight, local attractions are bringing out the pumpkins and house owners are stocking up on their Haribo. To make your day the most spooktacular it can be, here are some great tips, tricks and events for October 31st.
What to Wear
There’s always one outstanding costume on show at a Halloween party with people trying to outdo and out-scare each other every time. Whatever the occasion, these outfits aren’t going to disappoint and there isn’t a Borat in sight.
Boys: after the recent film, Superman outfits are very popular this year with lots of youngsters opting for Boy of Steel attire. After the meteoric popularity of The Avengers also, expect to see lots of little Thors running amok this year!
Girls: princess outfits are always a staple outfit for young ladies and this year will be no different. After the release of Monsters University, you should see monsters all over North Wales as well.
Men: Superheroes are as big as they’re ever been so you’re bound to run into one or two Captain Americas this Halloween. Always a classic, animal costumes are sure to bring some laughs as ever.
Women: the hip roaring Twenties have come back in full force after The Great Gatsby’s release this year so expect to see plenty of stylish ladies this year.
Carving the Perfect Pumpkin
Scaring the neighbours with your most original pumpkin is almost mandatory each year and here’s how the people of North Wales will be making their Jack O’Lanterns.
- Find a pumpkin that’s in good condition which means no bruising or other bad aesthetics. This’ll make it last even after Halloween!
- Draft your design on the pumpkin with a permanent marker. This makes it easier to cut the correct shapes.
- Use the right knife. Pumpkins can be quite tough and dense so a butter knife just won’t do.
- Cut the top of the pumpkin off. Plunge your tool into the pumpkin from about 2 inches below the stem and saw in a clockwise motion until it can be lifted away.
- Hollow out your pumpkin with a spoon or your hands. Remember, you can eat the seeds for a tasty treat!
- Carve your design carefully with your knife.
- Sit back and wait for the screams!
Spooky Events in the Area
Each year, the communities of North Wales come together to throw the most lavish and entertaining events for the whole family. This year’s spookfest is no different with all of these creeptivities to look forward to and more.
All Hallow’s Eve Gory Tours
An enchanting tour of the historic town of Conwy and Tudor Plas Mawr to look forward to over three days from the 31st of October to the 2nd of November. Delve back to a time when Halloween was a very scary time when it was taken a lot more serious! Not to fear though, it’s going to be a lot of fun with knight chauffeurs by your side to protect you from the ghouls.
Halloween Ghost Tours
The archaic venue of King Arthur’s Labyrinth is going to be a fun-filled day for all in Machyllneth. Listen on in horror as the boatman regales you with true stories of terror while you sail on down the historic canal in a haunted mine. It’s so spooky that children under 12 are advised not to come! A great night for young adults is in store on the 31st of October.
The iconic steam railways ofNnorth Wales are set to stage a terrific night of things that can go bump on the tracks. Kids are going to love the tasty terror treats as they make their way from Porthmadog to Tan y Bwlch and into its spooky haunted woods!
With all this and much more to look forward to, North Wales will be hosting the best Halloween yet!
A video of one of North Wales’ famous haunts
“Halloween pumpkins in the field ” www.flickr.com/photos/8363028@N08/
Licenses available at: creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0/deed.en_GB
Latest posts by North Wales Admin (see all)
- Finding A Plumbing Merchant For You - September 18, 2017
- Gwledd Conwy Feast 2017 - September 18, 2017
- Festival No. 6 2017 – Sixth Year Brings Song and Sunshine – The NorthWales.com Exclusive Review - September 15, 2017